Dr. David Wray teaches this course on the manner in which we interact with Scripture for transformation rather than simply information. He says that reading the Bible for, “Life with God,” as Foster describes it, is not about just gaining knowledge or information. It is allowing the Holy Spirit to enable us to understand that we are to love God with our heart, soul and mind. God gave us minds to understand the meaning of Scripture and our relation with him.
The six-week class offers lessons on the following topics:
- Reading with the Mind
- Lectio divina
- Reading the Psalms
- Reading Scripture in Community
- Reading with the Reformers
- Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers
All seek to offer avenues to drawing us deeper into the heart of God.
Following are instructions for navigating the class:
- The class begins on Monday, August 29th, and continues for six weeks.
- The heart of the class is the daily assignments. This is where transformation takes place.
- Each lesson will have a few pages of narrative to lay the groundwork and then you will be given assignments for the week.
- When you register for the class, you will receive a password to access the lessons. Keep this password for access to each lesson. (Email us if you forget the password.)
- On each subsequent Monday of the class, the next lesson and assignments will be made available for download on the course page. The daily assignments will be posted under the lesson text.
- If you have questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin class, click here